Make a Difference with Magnesium
- Very light weight: Magnesium is 75% lighter than steel and 33% lighter than aluminum;
- Best strength to weight ratio of any structural metal;
- Thin-walled sections: sand casting = 0.080’’ (2 mm);
- Mechanical properties optimized through heat treatment and grain refinement during melting;
- Excellent machinability ;
- Easy welding;
- Excellent dimensional stability;
- Good damping capacity and low inertia ;
- Surface treatment and paint possible;
- Radio-frequency shielding, non-magnetic, good thermal conductivity.
Typical Applications of Magnesium
- Automotive parts: prototyping, transmission housings, steering columns bracket, instrument panels, brackets, wheel hubs, etc.
- Airplane and helicopter parts: gearboxes, etc.
- Computer components, portable casings;
- Bicycle and motorcycle parts;
- Seat frames;
- Housings for industrial and military equipment;